Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Update in Life

Hi there,

It has been quite sometime, hasn't it. Sorry for the long hiatus. Had
been quite busy. Especially when you have an employer who is looking
at you as his successor. I guess life is being more and more generous
to me.

Currently I am working with Sheffield Resources Sdn Bhd, a HR
solutions company. It is a wholly owned by a New Zealand-based
company. 3 years old, with a staff of less than 10 people including
myself. The office here is being headed by Chris and Vignes. The two
of them has a cumulative HR experience of over 40 years. I really
enjoyed working with them, since the working environment is more or
less like a family. With me being the eldest son hehe.

So far I've been working on 3 positions, with 2 of them busted due to
the lack of cooperation from the client. But along the way, I managed
to secure some new contacts, mostly HR Managers and Directors.
Hopefully, in the long run, my dream of being a freelance consultant
will come true. With their guidance of course.

Today, I'm going to Gemas to help my boss to conduct a training
program. He actually asked me to design some game activities for the
program, and conduct them.

As for the future planning, they wanted to create a newsletter, as
well as conduct a forum periodically. And looking at the current
composition of the staff, I might be the person in charge for them.

As for the pay, I don't get any basics. The commission is quite
lucrative, though. 20% for executive search, and 10% for training
programs.

Do look up the company for more info as to what we have to offer:
www.sheffieldresource.com

No comments: