Thursday, June 14, 2007

A break from seriousity (?)

As I mentioned in the last post, I went to KL for a test and preliminary interview for a position as a sub-editor. The session went very well, and I'll tell you more about it later in this edition. I also meet up with my friend, Sharb @ Shobridin, my sister, Suyin (Yeah, my sister's a Chinese. Any problem with that?), and Madi, whom I'd be more than willing to call a brother. The journey to KL started at 12.03am 13th June. I slept 4/5 of the journey, thanks to a large helping of Nasi Beryani cooked by my Dad (thanks Dad. You sure make a lousy discussion partner, but in the kitchen, you rawk!).

I arrived at KL Sentral at about 7.30am, already missing my kitten, and my body was aching. "That's it, I'm taking the Superior Class with bed next time" I told myself (which I did for the journey back). Headed straight to IIUM to meet and catch up with Sharb, my partner in crime during my varsity years. Played a bit of World of Warcraft (IIUM boasts the best offline private servers for World of Warcraft, hosted on personal computers of IIUM students via Local Area Connection), and after a short bath, had a large brunch (yep, for my size, I'm quite a voracious eater). Left for the test at around 11.15am, since I don't want to give a bad impression to the recruiting officer by being late (besides, it's against my philosophy).

Arrived at the test venue (TBC office, Suite 11-6, Level 11, Wisma UOA 2) an hour early. The receptionist was very kind and polite (she's taken, by the way). Went through the usual procedure (paperworks), and then a very short sub-editing test. About a quarter past 1, met Mr. Jason for the first time. A pleasant Chinese guy in his late 20's, plump and cheerful. He verified the in formation I filled in the forms earlier, briefed me about the job and the company, and even helped me corrected some of the missed in the earlier test. He seems eager to get me the job, and for that he has my gratitude.

At about 2.20pm, we ended the session, Jason assured me that the result will be announced within this week. I'm positive that I got the job (why wouldn't I). We then parted, and I head to KLCC. This is where the fun starts.

Madi arrived at around 3.15. We left Kinokuniya after a while, and waited for Suyin in front of the Al-Marjan restaurant. We talked a bit about his current situation, which is a bit complicated for me to summarize in a few paragraphs. Half an hour later, Suyin arrived. She had practically combed the whole KLCC for us (part of it was my fault for not notifying her of the change of venue). We then had lunch at Rasa Food Arena (Hot Plate Noodles with Chicken for me and Madi, and Spicy Nasi Beryani for Suyin). Suyin asked whether any of us had ever experienced an "out of body" experience, and offered us to try the Nasi Beryani she ordered if we would like to have the experience. Our conversations evolved later on from the barbeque party she went, to the emotional TOA students, to Sandy's tantrums, and once lunch is over, an impromptu SEX EDUCATION for dear little sister, Suyin.

I had no idea how the conversation ventured into the forbidden topic, but what triggered the sex ed class was her lack of knowledge about the female body. Both me and Madi were astounded when she told us that she only knew that girls can pleasure themselves when she was 17, and she knew it from a guy friend. And she never even explored her own body! *Gasp*. Thank God she never mixed with the wrong bunch, and never pursued the topic either. We then proceeded to gave her the general idea, a brief definition of orgasm and the difference of female and male orgasm, the "toys" she could use, some analysis of a statistical data of a country with liberal approach towards sex (her eyes almost jumped out of their sockets. She's amazed that we knew so much being guys and all). And no, we didn't do any demonstration. Let's leave that for Suyin to do herself :p. I did most of the talking (since Madi was not the type to talk about such matter), but both of us kinda scolded her for not using the Internet to learn about her own body (yeah, we do sounded like 2 perverted old men).

Later we headed to Isetan's Korean Food Festival. Suyin had to buy some chocolates for her mum, and I bought some for myself to ravage on the train back. We then took the Putra together since our next destination is the same: KL Sentral. Along the way, we laughed a lot, and it was an enjoyable day. I can't wait to meet up with them again. And spam more information into Suyin's head (I make a nasty brother). Took a 10pm train to JB, and on board, gave a 2-hour counseling session to a stranger (well, she's the one who asked for it). And as an end note, a reminder to me and any people who likes to travel on trains: always go for the class with bed.

No comments: